Thursday, July 22, 2010

Prevail


Habakkuk 3:17-19 (The Message)

Though the cherry trees don't blossom
and the strawberries don't ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
and the cattle barns empty,
I'm singing joyful praise to God.
I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail,
I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
I feel like I'm king of the mountain!


This passage really fits my life. I feel like so many things are just so difficult for us, and have been for quite a while. No matter how hard we try, our situations are worm-eaten, stunted, and barren. We take one step forward and two steps back. We've been on hold from TTC for almost a full year without ever wanting to be on hold. There was simply situation after situation that kept us from trying. I've had random health issue after random health issue. Rusty's job is beyond explanation at this point.

Even so, we are counting on God's rule to prevail! We are struggling to keep laying our burdens at his feet, but we do keep on trying. It's difficult to turn cartwheels in the mud, but I'm doing my best to keep on moving while singing praises in my heart (because I can't physically sing very well right now). Through my inability, I pray that God may be glorified.

I take heart. I gain strength. God's rule will prevail!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. Just this morning I was sitting at my desk and thinking about how I am at a place where I never wanted to be. Things are just not going my way. Admittedly, I was in a bit of despair. Fast forward to me checking on blogs an hour later....and your gentle reminder really really hit me where it needed to hit.

    Keep your chin up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya girl. My life hasn't ended up like I thought in so many ways. A friend of mine shared this passage and it really grabbed at my heart.

    (((MF)))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...