Friday, July 23, 2010

Oasis?

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

I love this song (The Desert Song). Ah, desert, I am intimately familiar with you. You have been a big theme in my life for a long time. You have taught me many things, believe it or not, and I'm amazed that I am grateful for those lessons. Must you drag on quite so long though? I could do with an extended stay in a lovely oasis.

Side bar: what is the plural of oasis? Oasises? Oaisi? I've wondered this for a while. Think I'll finally go look it up...

Huh...the plural of oasis is oases. I never woulda guessed that one!

I found a number of definitions of oasis:
1. A fertile patch in a desert occuring where the water table approaches or reaches the ground surface.
2. A place of peace, safety, or happiness in the midst of trouble or difficulty.
3. A situation or place preserved from surrounding unpleasantness; a refuge.

Ignoring the fact that my life is definitely not fertile as the one definition suggests, I could definitely go for an oasis in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...