Thursday, July 14, 2011
Quick Green Bean Soup
* I grew up on this soup and figured out how to make my own quick version as an adult.
* We add a tablespoon or two of dry coffee creamer to each bowl of soup. I’m not sure how using that started, but I wonder if (back in the day) my mom’s family used to add a bit of cream to the individual bowls and one day realized that dry coffee creamer works just as well.
Ingredients:
1 pound green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 pound ham steak, cubed
1 large russet potato, cubed
48 ounces chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Dry coffee creamer
Directions:
1. Combine green beans, ham, potato, and broth to Dutch oven and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, or until ingredients are done. Add salt and pepper.
2. Ladle soup into bowls and stir in coffee creamer to taste (start with 1 tablespoon).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That sounds really good! I've never tried green beans in soup like that. Or the creamer, either. Now I have a couple new tricks to try!
ReplyDeleteIt's yummy and simple! I hope you love it.
ReplyDelete