Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Princess and the Rake

As I watched the royal wedding last week, I thought of how unrealistic the fairy tales we loved as little girls are. Even as I watched in awe, I thought, I wouldn't want to be her. The pressure, stress, and scrutiny would be awful! I wouldn't want that life.

This weekend, however, I reconsidered that conclusion.

You see, princesses don’t have to rake leaves.

Let alone have to rake up a million and two leaves, give or take 20 or so. Or have little annoying bugs bite them while raking leaves. Or have bugs fly up their noses and into their eyes. Or have to endure dozens of spiders in the piles of leaves that they have to pick up. *shudder* Or have squirrels drop things on their heads from trees. Or be sore after raking day after day after day.

That sounds like a pretty good gig after all.

But then I realize that I did marry my prince charming. He may not be as weathly by worldly standards, but he has a heart of gold and spoils me when he can.

I guess that makes me a princess after all. Just a princess that has to rake leaves.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...